By the Indian High Courts Act passed by British Parliament in 1861, provision was made, not only for the replacement of the Supreme Courts of Calcutta, Madras, and Bombay and for the establishment of High Courts in their places, but for the establishment of a High Court by Letters Patent in any other part of Her Majesty’s territories not already included in the jurisdiction of another High Court. In the year 1866, the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces came into existence at Agra under Letters Patent of the 17th March 1866, replacing the old Sudder Diwanny Adawlat. Sir Walter Morgan, Barrister-at-Law, and Mr. Simpson were appointed the first Chief Justice and the first Registrar respectively of High Court of North-Western Provinces.
The seat of the High Court for the North-Western Provinces was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and its designation was altered to ‘the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’ by a supplementary Letters patent issued on March 11, 1919.
The Oudh Chief Court at Lucknow, replacing the Oudh Judicial Commissioner’s Court, was established on November 2, 1925, not by Letters Patent but by the Oudh Civil Courts Act, IV of 1925, enacted by the U.P. Legislature with the previous sanction of the Governor-General to the passing of this Act, as required by the Government of India Act, 1919s. 80-A (3).
By the U.P. High Court Amalgamation Order, 1948, the Chief Court of Oudh was amalgamated with the High Court of Allahabad and the new High Court has conferred the jurisdiction of both the Courts so amalgamated. By the Amalgamation Order, the jurisdiction of the Court under the Letters Patent and that of the Chief Court under the Oudh Courts Act was preserved.
In July 1949 the States Merger (Governor’s Provinces) order was passed which was amended in November the States Merger (United Provinces) Order, 1949 whereby the powers of the Government of some Indian States specified in the Schedule, which had vested in the Dominion Government were transferred to the adjoining Governors’ Provinces. In Schedule VII, Rampur, Benaras, and Tehri Garhwal were the States specified, and by section 3 the said states were to be administered in all respects as if they formed part of the absorbing province. On the eve of the Republic Day celebrations on the 26th January 1950 the date of commencement of the Constitution of India, the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad came to have jurisdiction throughout the entire length and breadth of the State of Uttar Pradesh.
By the Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2000, the State of Uttaranchal and Uttaranchal High Court came into existence from the midnight intervening 8 and 9 November 2000 and in view of section 35 of the Act, High Court at Allahabad ceased to have jurisdiction of 13 districts falling within the territory of State of Uttaranchal.
At present, the sanctioned strength of Judges of the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is 160.
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022 – Latest and Upcoming Notification
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022 Free Job alert for both Fresher and Experienced Candidates updated on January 25, 2022. Get Direct Official Link for applying Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022 along with current Allahabad High Court Recruitment official Notification 2022 here. Find all recent Allahabad High Court Vacancies 2022 across India and check all latest Allahabad High Court 2022 job openings instantly here, Know upcoming Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022 immediately here.
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022
When it comes to the selection process, the candidates have to take up a written exam / Interview. Selected candidates will be paid a handsome salary (as per Govt rules). The type of questions that are asked in the technical interview round differs from one position to another. There are multiple steps for the selection process for the posts of Stenographer, Clerk, Peon, Process Server, Gardner, Chowkidar, Liftman, Sweeper, Watchman, Cook, etc. in the Allahabad High Court. The procedure is as follows
- Written Test
- Computer Based Test
- Skilled Test/Typing Test
- Interview/Viva Voce
Eligibility Criteria for Law Clerks (Trainee)
- For the Post Of Law Clerks (Trainee) for the candidate should be Three Years Professional/Five Years Integrated Degree in Law from any Law College or recognized University throughout the country.
How to Apply
- The application forms can be purchased from the counter in the High Court Judicature at Allahabad and at it’s Lucknow Bench on payment of Rs. 300/- in cash. The application forms are also available on the official web site of Allahabad High Court (www.allahabadhighcourt.in) and may be downloaded and used subject to payment of application form of Rs. 300/- to be paid through bank draft drawn in favor of Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
- The application form along with one duly attested copy of High School Mark Sheet, High School Certificate in proof of age/date of birth, Intermediate Mark Sheet, Intermediate Pass Certificate, Graduation/Post Graduation Mark Sheets and Certificates and testimonials regarding Extra-Curricular Activities and Computer Knowledge along with two self-addressed envelopes (size5”x10”) each bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 40/- should be sent to the
Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad either by Speed Post, Registered Post with AD or through Courier.
- For making selection, competence would be judged on the basis of the interview only, which will be held only at Allahabad. The candidates for the interview will be called only after screening. No T.A. will be payable for attending the interview.
- The Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 26 years.
- Rs. 15000/- per month
The Law Clerks (Trainee) shall be governed by such rules of attendance, leave, and other related matters as might be prescribed from time to time by Hon’ble the Chief Justice, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
- Allahabad High Court
Nyay Marg, Allahabad
Pin – 211017
PBX : 0532-2422335, 2422336, 2422337, 2421611-18
Fax No. : 0532-2420152 (Registrar General)
Fax No. : 0532-2421742 (PPS to Hon. CJ)
Fax No. : 0532-2420317 (O) (Registrar Protocol)
Contact Numbers (High Court Lucknow Bench):
PBX : 0522-2722500, 2722501-05
Fax No. : 0522-2722570 (Sr. Registrar)
Fax No. : 0522-2722574, 2722575 (Protocol)
- Fax No. : 0522-2722573 (Registrar Civil)
We advise to you for other Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2022 and selection process please read below official recruitment notification carefully before apply.
- Advertisement Dated 22nd October 2021 for Review Officer (Hindi) and Review Officer (Urdu) Recruitment Examination-2021
- Allahabad High Court Additional Private Secretary Notification 2021
- Allahabad High Court Computer Assistant Notification 2021
- Allahabad High Court Review Officer Recruitment Examination & Assistant Review Officer Recruitment Examination 2021
- Notice inviting application for the post of Law Clerk (Trainee) in the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad
- Notice inviting application for filling up of nine posts of Presiding Officer in Additional Courts at Agra (2), Allahabad (1), Ghaziabad (2), Gautam Budh Nagar (1), Gorakhpur (1), and Kanpur Nagar (2) PDF
- Notification inviting application for the post of Member (Judicial) in A.P. State Commission PDF
- Notice and Engagement Order for 10 Selected Law Clerk (Trainee) -2020 from the waiting list. PDF
- Postponement of Preliminary Examination of Direct Recruitment to U. P. Higher Judicial Service – 2020 PDF
- Marks and Cut-Off marks for the Review Officer Recruitment Examination-2019 HTML
- Marks and Cut-Off marks for the Computer Assistant Recruitment Examination-2019 HTML
- Notice for appointment of SJM/SMM in 3 District Courts PDF
- Notice regarding Admit Card for U.P.H.J.S. Direct Recruitment (Preliminary) Exam.2020 PDF
- Engagement Order of 4 selected candidates as Law Clerk (Trainee)-2020 PDF
- Extension of the Last date for submission of Application form for empanelment of Amicus Curiae 2021 PDF
- Notice regarding extension of date for submission of application for the Post of Reader, Stenographer, and Peon in the District Legal service Authority Bhadohi – Gyanpur PDF
- Notice inviting applications for the post of Sweeper on a contractual basis in District Court, Gorakhpur PDF
- Notice inviting applications for the post of Counsellor at Family Court, Moradabad PDF
- Notice inviting applications for the post of Counsellor at Family Court, Allahabad PDF
- Establishment office order No. 7827 regarding engagement of Law Clerk (Trainee) PDF
- Notice regarding engagement of Law Clerk (Trainee) -2020 PDF
- Notice regarding the vacant post of Special Judicial Magistrate in district court Lalitpur PDF
- Notice for appointment of Presiding Officer in Industrial Tribunal, Uttar Pradesh PDF
- Notice for appointment of Presiding Officers in Labour Court, Uttar Pradesh PDF
- Advertisement to the U.P. H.J.S. Direct Recruitment 2020 PDF 17/12/2020 Last Date: 19/02/2021
- Notice Inviting Applications for various post on Contract Basis for Lok Adalat at DLSA, Hamirpur
- Notice Inviting Applications for various post on Contract Basis at Lok Adalat, District Court, Bhadohi
- (Ballia, Basti and Jalaun at Orai) Application for Special Judicial Magistrate/Special Metropolitan Magistrate (07/09/2020 Last Date:06/11/2020)
- Notice for appointment of SJM at District Court, Jalaun at Orai (07/09/2020 Last Date:06/11/2020)
- Final Result of Sweeper, Cook, Mali and Farrash (Class-IV) Recruitment Examination-2018 (29/07/2020 Last Date:15/08/2020)
- Notice for postponement of Stage-II exam of Review Officer and Computer Assistant (23/07/2020 Last Date:29/07/2020)
- Advertisement of Law Clerks Trainees 2020 (17/07/2020
- Notice for E-Admit Card for Stage-II exam (Computer Knowledge Test) of Review Officer and Computer Assistant Recruitment Exam-2019 (14/07/2020
- Notice for appointment of SJM/SMM at District Court Kanpur Nagar (09/07/2020
- Notice for Interview of Members in Permanent Lok Adalat, Mahoba (08/07/2020
- Notice for Interview of Members in Permanent Lok Adalat, Mau (02/07/2020 Last Date:14/07/2020)
- Notice for Result of Stage-I examination of Review Officer and Computer Assistant Recruitment 2019 (20/06/2020 Last Date:30/06/2020)
- Notice for the interview for the post of Sweeper, Cook, Mali and Farrash on 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th June 2020 (11/06/2020
- Press Release for the appointment of Special Judicial Magistrate in District Court Muzaffarnagar (01/06/2020
- Allahabad High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Andhra Pradesh High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Bombay High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Calcutta High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Chhattisgarh High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Delhi High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Gauhati High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Gujarat High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Himachal Pradesh High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Jammu & Kashmir High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Jharkhand High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Karnataka High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Kerala High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Madhya Pradesh High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Madras High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Manipur High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Meghalaya High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Orissa High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Patna High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Punjab & Haryana High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Rajasthan High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Sikkim High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Telangana High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Tripura High Court Recruitment January 2022
- Uttarakhand High Court Recruitment January 2022