[row][column size=”3/4″ center=”no” class=””] The Allahabad High Court or the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is a high court based in Allahabad (Prayagraj) that has jurisdiction over the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was established on 17 March 1866, making it the fourth high court to be established in India.
By the Indian High Courts Act passed by British Parliament in 1861, provision was made, not only for the replacement of the Supreme Courts of Calcutta, Madras, and Bombay and for the establishment of High Courts in their places, but for the establishment of a High Court by Letters Patent in any other part of Her Majesty’s territories not already included in the jurisdiction of another High Court. In the year 1866, the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces came into existence at Agra under Letters Patent of the 17th March 1866, replacing the old Sudder Diwanny Adawlat. Sir Walter Morgan, Barrister-at-Law, and Mr. Simpson were appointed the first Chief Justice and the first Registrar respectively of High Court of North-Western Provinces.
The seat of the High Court for the North-Western Provinces was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and its designation was altered to ‘the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’ by a supplementary Letters patent issued on March 11, 1919.
The Oudh Chief Court at Lucknow, replacing the Oudh Judicial Commissioner’s Court, was established on November 2, 1925, not by Letters Patent but by the Oudh Civil Courts Act, IV of 1925, enacted by the U.P. Legislature with the previous sanction of the Governor-General to the passing of this Act, as required by the Government of India Act, 1919s. 80-A (3).
By the U.P. High Court Amalgamation Order, 1948, the Chief Court of Oudh was amalgamated with the High Court of Allahabad and the new High Court has conferred the jurisdiction of both the Courts so amalgamated. By the Amalgamation Order, the jurisdiction of the Court under the Letters Patent and that of the Chief Court under the Oudh Courts Act was preserved.
In July 1949 the States Merger (Governor’s Provinces) order was passed which was amended in November the States Merger (United Provinces) Order, 1949 whereby the powers of the Government of some Indian States specified in the Schedule, which had vested in the Dominion Government were transferred to the adjoining Governors’ Provinces. In Schedule VII, Rampur, Benaras, and Tehri Garhwal were the States specified, and by section 3 the said states were to be administered in all respects as if they formed part of the absorbing province. On the eve of the Republic Day celebrations on the 26th January 1950 the date of commencement of the Constitution of India, the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad came to have jurisdiction throughout the entire length and breadth of the State of Uttar Pradesh.
By the Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2000, the State of Uttaranchal and Uttaranchal High Court came into existence from the midnight intervening 8 and 9 November 2000 and in view of section 35 of the Act, High Court at Allahabad ceased to have jurisdiction of 13 districts falling within the territory of State of Uttaranchal.
At present, the sanctioned strength of Judges of the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is 160.
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020 – Latest and Upcoming Notification
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020 Free Job alert for both Fresher and Experienced Candidates updated on November 28, 2020. Get Direct Official Link for applying Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020 along with current Allahabad High Court Recruitment official Notification 2020 here. Find all recent Allahabad High Court Vacancies 2020 across India and check all latest Allahabad High Court 2020 job openings instantly here, Know upcoming Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020 immediately here.
Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020
When it comes to the selection process, the candidates have to take up a written exam / Interview. Selected candidates will be paid a handsome salary (as per Govt rules). The type of questions that are asked in the technical interview round differs from one position to another. There are multiple steps for the selection process for the posts of Stenographer, Clerk, Peon, Process Server, Gardner, Chowkidar, Liftman, Sweeper, Watchman, Cook, etc. in the Allahabad High Court. The procedure is as follows
- Written Test
- Computer Based Test
- Skilled Test/Typing Test
- Interview/Viva Voce
Eligibility Criteria for Law Clerks (Trainee)
- For the Post Of Law Clerks (Trainee) for the candidate should be Three Years Professional/Five Years Integrated Degree in Law from any Law College or recognized University throughout the country.
How to Apply
- The application forms can be purchased from the counter in the High Court Judicature at Allahabad and at it’s Lucknow Bench on payment of Rs. 300/- in cash. The application forms are also available on the official web site of Allahabad High Court (www.allahabadhighcourt.in) and may be downloaded and used subject to payment of application form of Rs. 300/- to be paid through bank draft drawn in favor of Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
- The application form along with one duly attested copy of High School Mark Sheet, High School Certificate in proof of age/date of birth, Intermediate Mark Sheet, Intermediate Pass Certificate, Graduation/Post Graduation Mark Sheets and Certificates and testimonials regarding Extra-Curricular Activities and Computer Knowledge along with two self-addressed envelopes (size5”x10”) each bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 40/- should be sent to the
Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad either by Speed Post, Registered Post with AD or through Courier.
- For making selection, competence would be judged on the basis of the interview only, which will be held only at Allahabad. The candidates for the interview will be called only after screening. No T.A. will be payable for attending the interview.
- The Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 26 years.
- Rs. 15000/- per month
The Law Clerks (Trainee) shall be governed by such rules of attendance, leave, and other related matters as might be prescribed from time to time by Hon’ble the Chief Justice, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
We advise to you for other Allahabad High Court Recruitment 2020 and selection process please read below official recruitment notification carefully before apply.
- Allahabad High Court
Contact Numbers (High Court Allahabad):
PBX : 0532-2422335, 2422336, 2422337, 2421611-18
Fax No. : 0532-2420152 (Registrar General)
Fax No. : 0532-2421742 (PPS to Hon. CJ)
Fax No. : 0532-2420317 (O) (Registrar Protocol)
Contact Numbers (High Court Lucknow Bench):
PBX : 0522-2722500, 2722501-05
Fax No. : 0522-2722570 (Sr. Registrar)
Fax No. : 0522-2722574, 2722575 (Protocol)
- Fax No. : 0522-2722573 (Registrar Civil)
[/column][column size=”1/4″ center=”no” class=””]
- Notice Inviting Applications for various post on Contract Basis for Lok Adalat at DLSA, Hamirpur
- Notice Inviting Applications for various post on Contract Basis at Lok Adalat, District Court, Bhadohi
- (Ballia, Basti and Jalaun at Orai) Application for Special Judicial Magistrate/Special Metropolitan Magistrate (07/09/2020 Last Date:06/11/2020)
- Notice for appointment of SJM at District Court, Jalaun at Orai (07/09/2020 Last Date:06/11/2020)
- Final Result of Sweeper, Cook, Mali and Farrash (Class-IV) Recruitment Examination-2018 (29/07/2020 Last Date:15/08/2020)
- Notice for postponement of Stage-II exam of Review Officer and Computer Assistant (23/07/2020 Last Date:29/07/2020)
- Advertisement of Law Clerks Trainees 2020 (17/07/2020
- Notice for E-Admit Card for Stage-II exam (Computer Knowledge Test) of Review Officer and Computer Assistant Recruitment Exam-2019 (14/07/2020
- Notice for appointment of SJM/SMM at District Court Kanpur Nagar (09/07/2020
- Notice for Interview of Members in Permanent Lok Adalat, Mahoba (08/07/2020
- Notice for Interview of Members in Permanent Lok Adalat, Mau (02/07/2020 Last Date:14/07/2020)
- Notice for Result of Stage-I examination of Review Officer and Computer Assistant Recruitment 2019 (20/06/2020 Last Date:30/06/2020)
- Notice for the interview for the post of Sweeper, Cook, Mali and Farrash on 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th June 2020 (11/06/2020
- Press Release for the appointment of Special Judicial Magistrate in District Court Muzaffarnagar (01/06/2020
- Allahabad High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Andhra Pradesh High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Bombay High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Calcutta High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Chhattisgarh High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Delhi High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Gauhati High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Gujarat High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Himachal Pradesh High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Jammu & Kashmir High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Jharkhand High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Karnataka High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Kerala High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Madhya Pradesh High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Madras High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Manipur High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Meghalaya High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Orissa High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Patna High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Punjab & Haryana High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Rajasthan High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Sikkim High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Telangana High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Tripura High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Uttarakhand High Court Recruitment November 2020
- District Court Recruitment November 2020
- High Court Recruitment November 2020
- Supreme Court Recruitment November 2020